[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Foul breath and broken nails have me worried!

butzm at ece.osu.edu butzm at ece.osu.edu
Mon Feb 14 14:47:12 EST 2005

Jessica,

I've never noticed the foul breath from my pigs before, but both of them
had, at one point, chewed off one toenail.  They haven't done it to any
others, so I figure it's a response to stress.  My Rosie did that soon
after she come home to live with us.  I watched closely for infection too,
 making sure her toe didn't get hot or extra sore.  Both of them are fine
and I didn't have any infections occur.  I wouldn't think the 2 are
related.

Let us know if you figure this out!
Sam, Rosie, and Maren