[Gpdd] MISC: Re- The REAL Rescue and Valentine thanks

Anna Coppedge annac at loanstar.com
Fri Feb 18 14:44:47 EST 2005

Hey Carla and Bud,

After reading your submission, I was touched with your story. I thought I'd
add my own. I am a recent college graduate of Texas A&M. About 2 years ago,
my best friend and roommate was graduating early and moving to Knoxville,
TN. When she left she also took her 2 cats with her. It was the summer and I
only had school. I had no theater shows to do or really a social life that
did not include going out at night to the local bars with friends. My mother
noticed that I was starting to sound "depressed" and then showed up at my
apartment with a box. It contained a tiny black and white mass of calicked
hair. It then looked up and me and wheeked. I had seen guinea pigs before,
but when I held him - I think I fell in love. "Mozart" became my summer job.
Everyday I held him, played with him and took care of him. He is sorta a
temperamental pig, but I earned his love.
The next year, there was a girl I did theater with and she had just had a
terrible break up and started showing signs of suicide thoughts. I'd invite
her over to just sit and talk in my room. She became fascinated with both of
the pigs. Shakespeare, my 2nd pig, is an easy-going and very people
oriented, but Mozart is a little tougher to get to know. Well, she started
coming over to my house everyday to hang out with the piggies. I made her
their "god-mother" and she got Mozart to sleep on her lap. Slowly, we quit
talking about how horrible she felt and how her life was pointless and
talked about the pigs. She became known to them as the timothy hay provider
and they excitedly wheeked her they heard her voice. Last December, when she
graduated, she wrote me a letter. She thanked me for "saving" her life. She
said that without my support and the introduction to the pigs, she might not
have made it through that semester. Earning Mozart's love made her want to
see him the next day and the next. She loves my pigs as much as I do. I know
they miss her, but every month she sends a little treat to them. Who knew
something as small as a guinea pigs love would change a girl's life.

Just thought I'd share.

Also, Mozart and Shakespeare would like to send a "shout out" to Hottshot.
Thanks for the Valentine- they have decided that they'll be good piggies and
share....they have also mentioned that I am a bad slave since I do not let
them do crafts, because they might eat the materials....

Slave Anna - Mozart and Shakespeare