[Gpdd] Re:(SILLY) Penny Giggles starting their new lifes, a salute from their past

Sandra Oliver-Poore oliverpoore at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 19 18:46:40 EST 2005

Hi Lisa and Linda and all,

Follows some of the history of the Penny Giggles

Danielle and Feebeep came from Bunyards Barnyard, Roseburg Or, in late 1999
or early 2000
Pinky was born at Penny Giggle Farm in 2000 to Bill and Hillary. These were
the first Rulers of the farm, Billy died early having misspent  himself
dallying far and wide. Hillary remained the Grand Matriarch until her death
2 years ago. An able and strong leader she passed along these traits to her
finest daughter, Pinky, but did not pass on her traits of gentleness and
compassion. Pinky is cranky to this day.

Son of Wookie (Sonny)  was purchased as a tiny babe at a show in Springfield
Or.in 2000.  He had already been sold and I had to arm wrestle his new slave
for him by finding a better (her opinion) boar to found her caviary. He has
been worth the effort and is a fine gentleman and gentle pet.  He has lived
with boars all his life and his current companion is Squirt, only a few
months old from a local pet shop.  My oldest son brought first Rocky and
then Squirts home to the Farm in a short bit of passion for Rocky who is
uncommonly gentle and intelligent.  Squirt was to be the companion of Rob's
friend who lost interest in a few days, so Squirt came to the Farm.  I
imagine Rocky and Squirt are related both being American Golden Agouti's.

Willie was born here at the farm in 2000, I think. I remember a litter of 4
that was increased by one when Mystic Lady died shortly after giving birth
to MLB (Mystic Lady's Baby)  Willy's siblings were Bob Bob Black Sheep,
Square-Ed and Boar-is.  What a gang of boars, the Farm was never the same. I
think Danielle is the mother and  Pavel (tricolor silkie boar from
Bunyard's). MLB's father was Shelley, a gorgeous Peruvian who lost his life
to WW Willy in my and his) harsh first lesson on homing boars together with
out a proper (and lengthy) introduction.Willy thus became the Grand Pooh-Bah
of the Penny Giggles and adopted a more dignified posture (except of course
when his chin is being stroked)  he has lived a grand life, gentle to all
and a wise and generous soul,  peaceable now with boars and sows alike.

In all those years since 1999 when the Farm was first organized, the Penny
Giggles worked diligently and endlessly to produce the raw material for the
vegetable beds, yards of poo and spent bedding..  In return they ate their
share (and some say more) of the finest array of veggies possible, almost
year round bountiful, organic, and healthful. Many will remember that the
Penny Giggles were so depleted of Poo that they had never been able to send
any to the Coast to Coast Laying of the Poo Project, so they offered their
services on the Pig-Air flights to Cape Avila.  All aboard will recall
fondly their cuisine (Vietnamese spring rolls with citrus dipping sauce and
more) their skills as stewards,ushers, greeters (under Mr. Cooders if I
remember)  Danielle and Feebeep were hair dressers. Others were musicians
and back up singers for the Spice Pigs. Still others sewed for wheeks on
fancy dress uniforms and ball gowns, what a time that was.

So I offer my last salute to the bunch of farmers I have ever known, proud
to be their slave, mother, and partner in life. We are apart now but will
meet at the rainbow bridge some fine day.

Thank you Penny Giggles, my love sends you forth.
Sandy, always a momma slave