[Gpdd] HEALTH: "Small World Vitality Supplement with Calf-Manna"

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 19:53:25 EST 2005

Hello everyone!

I just came across this supplement at PetsMart and I picked it up. I have been doing enormous amounts of research about piggys with dry skin and how people combat it and the itchiness that goes with it. Well, I have read several things. One being to supplement them with Calf-Manna, which is a nutrient dense pelleted feed that is given to just about any critter that is under stress. But I could only find calf-manna in 10-lb bags and even though I run rescue, I did not think I could use that in a reasonable amount of time.

Another thing I read was to supplement them with sweet feed, which is most often used for feeding horses. The high grain content provides a lot of fatty acids with enough sweet to make it yummy. Again, try and find that in anything less than a 50-lb bag!

Then by complete chance, I was at PetsMart. I don't go there often because there is not one in my area so when I see one I stop in. There, I found a three-pound bag of "Small World Vitality Supplement with Calf-Manna." It has directions for small animals on it and so I just got it. I am going to give this a whirl and see how it goes. I did give it to them (the directions call for a teaspoon of the supplement added to their food) and they like it quite well! It is a pellet and smells like anise or black licorice. So hopefully I see some improvement in Wesley and Mr. Zippy.

I will keep everyone updated on their progress towards healthy skin and no itching!

Has anyone else ever tried any of the stuff I mentioned before?

Thanks!

Lisa and the gang at Wheeks and Squeaks Rodent Rescue