[Gpdd] MISC: RE: Rescue Stories

Dukejan1 at aol.com Dukejan1 at aol.com
Sun Feb 20 16:49:03 EST 2005

Carla,
I had heard that the Incas thought guinea pigs to be "mystical" creatures who
possessed medicinal qualities.  One look at my girls always brings a smile to
my face.
Lily (Bud knows her as Isabel's sister) was a rescue---someone dumped her in
a local pet store after they found out she was pregnant.  We brought her home
last
April.  I keep a poem called "The Gift" by J.M. Berry above her cage:

"Eyes fearful, paws worn, a sorrowful sight, so forlorn;
Love, they said would be the cure for the suffering you had endured;
So our family grew that day.  We brought you home, with us you'd stay;
Slowly, gently the bond it grew--Faithful, loyal, loving, true;
Looking back it's so unclear how we got by without you here;
Trusted companion, devoted friend,  You give and give, it never ends;
They said we were a gift to you, but now we know
Who rescued who."

Have a great day!
Janet
Wheeks to Bud from Isabel and Lily!