[Gpdd] Health/cystitis

Forestcat228 at aol.com Forestcat228 at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 08:57:45 EST 2005

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me please?  I have a 5 year old guineapig  called
Primrose who has beenn diagnosed with cystitis.

She has been scanned and had a urine sample taken which showed an  infection.

She has been passing blood stained urine and was put on baytril for a week,
which seemed to help a little but not enough .

The vet then put her on tribrissen at the doseage of 0.25ml twice a  day.
this seemed to work quite well but made her stools loose after a week  or so.

She has been eating well all the time and I thought she was over this but
last night I noticed that she was passing blood again and put her back on the
tribrissen.

Has anyone else had this problem with their guinea pig and what did you do
to help?

She has had cranberry juice mixed in her water which she liked.

Many thanks.

Juliette