[Gpdd] [CARE] A couple questions from a new pig owner

Robin Baranowski aurigastar95 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 22:36:28 EST 2005

Hello all-
I subscribed last week to the GPDD and the information here is wonderful.  I adopted 1-3 month old female named Spicey, and purchased another 3-month old female named Ginger.  I brought them home on the same day, and they have shared a cage from the start.  Spicey seems to have been more socialized and is constantly out in the open, while Ginger is more skittish and seems to hide in the house (unless Spicey has chased her out of it!).  Spicey sometimes chases & nips at Ginger.  Is it common for 1 piggy to be more dominant, or is this just her personality?  I worry about Ginger not becoming comfortable and I want to do everything so that she is comfortable in her surroundings.
Also, I give my piggies kale, spinich, parsley, carrots, & apples.  Is this sufficient?  I am giving them a small bowl in the am & pm.  I am also feeding them the Oxbow Cavy Performance, since they are both under a year.
Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Robin, Spicey, & Ginger