[Gpdd] [Care] towels for piggies

GyfuFaery at aol.com GyfuFaery at aol.com
Thu Jan 13 08:23:30 EST 2005

I have used towels with my boys for almost 2 years now. They pull the
threads at times (and then I trim them), but there hasn't been any problems  with
them eating the towels.

I have a 3 X 6 cubes pen on a 4 x 8 piece of plywood for the  boys. The
plywood is covered with 2 plastic tablecloths (one wasn't big  enough). I use
layers of newspaper from end to end, doubling the newspaper  where they go the
most.  Then I put 4 towels overlapping from one  end to the other, and additional
towels, tri-folded, were they go the most. The  tri-folded towels are changed
every other day, and the whole pen is swept with a  hand broom to clean up
poops in the main area.  Then the entire  pen is changed and cleaned every five
to six days.

This has worked the best for us.

Dawn and the  Boys, Moka, BrownyBoy and Frankie