[Gpdd] {RESCUE} Sandra's Piggies

Trina Pelham piggiementor at msn.com
Sat Jan 15 02:05:10 EST 2005

Hi Everyone,
It's the weekend and I get to rest. Thankyou for all of those who have been
writing about our website at Cavy Care Inc. I forward all of the message to
Shannon as she is the founder and CEO of the shelter and she does all of the
website building and maintenence. We as everyone else that are involved with
piggies want to educate people who are new to the world of our furry friends
so they will live longer, happier lives. It's the responsibility of every
shelter to educate their clients on the care of their pet no matter what
breed of animal. With out the proper education and having a good source of
information, why have a shelter? The shelters all over are awesome for the
work the do and the ultimate goal is to have a pet rehomed in a permanent
setting where he/she will be loved and cared for and not dumped off or
returned. Interactive education keeps people interested in their piggie and
then they are hooked and want to learn more and they find that a piggie
doesn't just "sit" there. There are more to do with piggies than feed, water
and stare at them.

Sandra, there are alot of shelters in Oregon, being a native of
Portland/Milwaukie I have found a few. It will take foot work on your part
to go to this link
http://www.h4ha.org/shelters/USA/Oregon/503/1-38-250-0.html This is the Hugs
for Homeless Animals website for Oregon. Please call the one I copied and
pasted below and see if this is an option but there has got to be a shelter
that loves small mammals as much as we all do. If I was closer, I would
house your babies and find wonderful homes for them but I am 1261 miles away
and at this time, that trip is not financially feasable. A train would be
good to get them somewhere safe.

This is a place I would call and see if they know of any NO-KILL piggies
shelters because they do exotics animals...

Company Name:   Zen Rabbit and Hedgehog Rescue of Oregon
mammal rescue. We offer sanctuary to special needs rabbits, hedgheogs and
sugar gliders and find adoptive homes for rabbits and chinchillas in our
adoption program. We work in conjunction with local shelters. Space is
limited. We offer ongoing support to our adoptive families.
Country:   USA
State:   Oregon
City:   Portland
Postal Address:   836 NE 125th
ZIP / Postal Code:   97230
Map / route:   View map / route
Phone Number:   (503) 255-0810

I hope this helps in some way. I am racking my brain for options as I don't
like to see of people in distress and I know you love your piggies so much.
I hope for the best.

Warm Regards,
Trina
Pigpals Coordinator
DSN Coordinator
Cavy Care Inc.-Operations Manager
www.cavycareinc.com

Need the past Newslettters from Pigpals? Try going to this link, you may
need to copy/paste.

http://www.ymlp.com/pubarchive.php?pigpals

Guinea Pigs are Number One...
AIM- piggiementor