[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Hi there, I'm new to the group

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 15:19:55 EST 2005

Hi everyone! My name is Lisa and I run the Wheeks and Squeaks Rodent Rescue in Kalamazoo, MI and I just found out about this group from a potential adopter! My sister Liane and I run the rescue and I am in charge of the guinea pig portion (the Wheeks) and Liane is in charge of the degu portion (the Squeaks). I am listed on petfinder.com in case you want to see any of the pictures of my babies that need homes. I have some real characters! We just started our rescue in October after disassociating ourselves from another rescue organization that had some dubious ethics. We have been blessed so far with all healthy fosters, some malnourished, but that was easily fixable. I had one stillborn which was heartbreaking to me. It was the size of a three-week old baby! Has this ever happened to anyone, having a mama give birth to such a large baby? She had two other healthy babies along with the one stillborn.
Anyway, I will not make this an enormous posting, but I just wanted to greet everyone and I look forward to getting to know you! I do have five of my own gpigs in addition to all my fosters. I have Jacob, Callie, Mina, Zippy, and Wesley. See ya!