[Gpdd] Health: Cocoa's hair loss

SUSAN EASTIN susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 29 14:52:32 EST 2005

Assuming this is just a bare spot and not a sore, if you can stop the cause, I'm sure
the hair will soon grow back on it's own. If it needs some help to heal, some good
ointment or cream to keep it soft will help. When Rosie came to us, she had a bare,
dry spot by one eye. I was concerned at first, but apparently it was just from scratching,
probably dry skin. Felecia recommended Tea Tree Oil, which I found at a pharmacy.
I applied a tiny amount with a Qtip, being careful not to get it in her eye. The smell
is very pungent, which she didn't like one bit, but it only took a couple applications.
It is a powerful, natural antiseptic and fungicide, as well as lubricating. You can read up on
this on herbal and home remedy websites. [ www.teatreeplace.com ,
www.teatreeoiluses.com,   uqconnect.net/~zzttrees/teatreeoil.html ]

You will probably have a harder time stopping the cause, tho', if another piggie is
doing the barbering.  Good luck!
Susi and the Okie Piggies