[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] <Buying a Piggie> ADOPT (if u can)

Michelle Lazarus michelle.lazarus at jefferson.edu
Fri Jul 1 12:30:20 EDT 2005

If you have a choice, I would adopt a pig.  Every experience I have had
with a pet store has been bad, and from my experience, pet stores do not
know much about the proper care and feeding of GPs.

Plus, if you adopt, you will be saving a GP and most adoptees are
health/vet checked.  Also, the person in charge of the adoptions usually
knows quite a bit about GP care and if something were to happen and you
can't keep the GP, usually they will take the GP back.

I have personally had MANY bad experiences with pet stores, although our
vet is at a Banfield in petsmart.  I think all around, adopting is a
better choice, and there are soooo many GP's in need of good homes!
-
Michelle, Ella and Kayla