[Gpdd] health:corn husks

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Mon Jul 11 10:55:44 EDT 2005

Hi Rachel

I have yet to find out the nutritional value of corn husks but Sally has
been munching on them for months. At first I was just giving her the husks
and silks from the corn we had for dinner but I found she was eating it way
to fast and ended up being a very stuffed piggie. I now give her a whole cob
of corn and it takes her much longer to bite, chew and tug the cob of corn
into submission and has a tonne of fun in the process. I also keep an eye
out in the corn bin for the runt cobs that no one will buy as the market
will happily give them to me and the small little kernels send Sally into a
few extra popcorn jumps. I have also just contacted the National Corn
Growers Association as they say they have someone who can answer the
nutritional question. As soon as I have an answer I will share it on the
digest.

All the best,
Martha & Sally