[Gpdd] Re: TOPIC - MISC. - How can I remove urine stains from the cage?!

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 22:30:08 EDT 2005

Nicola,

Glad to hear Harvey is doing better.  Just too many pigs have been crossing the Bridge lately and it is very sad to hear.

Regarding the cage, you need to clean it with white vinegar.  Vinegar will literally eat the calcium deposits and will be a breeze to clean up with some papertowels.  Some you might have to let the vinegar soak in and might have to scrub it a bit to remove it all.

I would not use clorox at all.  It is harmful to guinea pigs and their respiratory system.

Every cage cleaning, use white vinegar (I use a spray bottle filled with white vinegar) and all the deposits will be gone.

Good luck,
Wheeks to all.

Lisa and the Guinea Girls the lone boar, Flint

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"