[Gpdd] Misc--pee stains

DEB GANLEY debg43 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 15 20:57:47 EDT 2005

Fill a spray bottle with half white vinegar & half water,  & spray it on--stubborn or old stains may take some wait-time & a few spritzes, but it will come off with a paper towel after a few tries.  I'm not crazy about the bleach idea--it'd be hard to rinse from a large house.

Also use some hydrgen peroxide in water bottles--I put a little in, along with antibacterial Dawn dish soap, shake it up & scrub it out with a bottle brush.  It disinfects the bottle wonderfully, just rinse it really well.    Also use a Q-tip dipped in peroxide for sipper tubes & around the plastic part & rinse good.

Piggie cages shouldn't stink--I've never had the problem, anyway.  I scoop wet bedding out every night, replace it with fresh bedding & completely break down the house once a week to clean it with water/vinegar & peroxide.  Good luck!   Deb, Potter, Molly & Emma