[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] New piggies and thank you

Lydia G Boland lydiagboland at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 01:07:57 EDT 2005

First I would like to thank everyone who sent us condolences on the
passing of Ginny.  I have saved all the messages as they mean a lot to
us.  We got her ashes back today.  The preliminary autopsy showed
septicemia.  We are waiting to find out if it was viral or bacterial.
I don't think we'll ever know if this was secondary to her jaw issues
or something completely separate.  We still miss her tons.
But the silver lining is that we adopted 3 new female guinea pigs.
First up is Tess who was born in her rescue on 1/24/05.  She is all
black with smooth shiny black fur but the fur from behind her ears
going back about 2 inches stands up like a mohawk.  I think she looks
like a stegosaurus so sometimes I call her Tessasaurus.  She's very
small and weighs 710gm or 1lb, 9oz.  She and Satchel (our 7 year old
neutered male) have bonded immediately.  He is also all black with
smooth shiny fur and bigger than her at 967g or 2lb, 2 1/8oz.  They
kind of look like father and daughter.  The other two are Sunshine and
Megan.  We adopted them through a different local rescue that actually
mostly does cats and dogs.  They were up for adoption for 3 months.
Before that they were given to a five year old as a gift and they lived
in the kid's bedroom where they were chased around and had no cage.
They are 8-10 months old now.  Sunshine is an abyssinian with black and
caramel with some white.  She is big weighing in at 1.120kg or 2lb 7
1/2oz,  Megan is a teddy who is mostly white with dark brown and
caramel around her eyes and back side.  She weighs 967gm or 2lb, 1
1/8oz.  The 3 new ones have each put on a couple of ounces since they
came here.  Sunshine and Megan are bonded and are living in a pen in
the bunny room while Satchel and Tess are free range in the bunny room.
They all checked out well at the vet but Sunshine's front teeth are
wearing down slanted so we need to keep an eye on her.  We are really
enjoying the new kids and they make us laugh.  What more could you ask
for?
I'm sorry to those who have recently lost their guinea pigs.  Our
hearts go out to you.

Lydia