[Gpdd] [Health] Itchy Louie - HELP NEEDED

Jenna T. tenetylo at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 22 16:03:12 EDT 2005

Hello everyone.. Itchy louie is having another bought of scratching ;(  this
time it is worse than all the others...    sooo... he is now wearing a sock
"Sweater" to let the scabs heal... he seems real depressed like lately -
possible in pain???  I remember reading something about giving piggies
aspirin or some sort of pain med to help... can someone reiterate what and
how much to give??? Would this be ok in this situation??? Since he is pretty
beat up by his own itching and nibbling.... I think he might be a little
chearier... he's still eating, but he's hiding alot and that is weird for
him - since he's the more active attention one.. he hardly even weeeeeks any
more :(   i feel so bad!!!  help.. any advise would be great...   Fyi to
anyone who doesn't know itchy louie - took him to the vet when this first
apeared... they did a number of tests and they told me it was "allergies"  -
we have not yet been able to figure out what he is "allergic" to.... I think
it's just his nerves - he's a little spastic :)  The boughts of itchiness
come and go sporadically....

I was also told it could be a sign of diabetes or some other disease?  is
this true?

Thanks,
Jenna, Louie, Fuzzy, and max the bun