Subject: [Gpdd] HEALTH

CaTT1998 at aol.com CaTT1998 at aol.com
Thu Jul 28 00:27:30 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

Condolences and hugs to every one who has lost a sweet piggy - it's so sad
to hear about each and every one.  How wonderful they are - I am constantly
amazed at how deeply they touch our hearts!

Lisa recently mentioned that she had a pig who had a mysterious abscess,  and
I wanted to ask if anyone else had experience with this.  Our herd is a  big
group of 5, and two of the girls have suddenly got abscesses.  The vet
mentioned something called cervical lymphadenitis (!) and said it might be
contagious, but unfortunately the lab wasn't able to grow anything out of the  pus
(sorry, hope that doesn't gross you out).  Phoebe and Cupcake are on  antibiotics
and clearing up nicely - but I am just freaked out that this  happened to
more than one.  Any ideas, hints or suggestions would be  appreciated!

Hugs and Piggy kisses to all,
Theresa and Misty, Abby, Shadow, and bumpy Cupcake & Phoebe