[Gpdd] Behavior....poops in food dish

Robert and Patricia Oglesby rpngso at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 17 12:23:49 EDT 2005

Hi Jim!

GREAT question! One I have often pondered myself.  I do not have the answer, but I do think they are placed their intentionally.  With our girlie pigs I would have assumed that the poops get there when the piggies are playing around, walking around, and generally ignoring the fact that the food dish is even there.  With Harry, however, I am SURE he puts them there.  Why?  Because his food dish is raised up off the floor of the cage.  He has to climb up and lean over the bowl to get his pellets out (BTW - is that a bag thing?  It doesn't seem to cause him any trouble and I figure he needs the exercise...) so there his bottom is never anywhere near the bowl.  He is not active enough to kick them up in there, so he MUST be putting them there!  No idea why....... very interested to hear more about this phenomenon.

Patricia