[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Terrible twos in piggies

Jntsjanet3 at aol.com Jntsjanet3 at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 20:18:29 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I just have a quick question about the possibility of terrible twos in guinea
pigs.  My two year old Philena is usually the one who stands out in the crowd
as always having to be first out of her cage.  When I am salad spinning the
loudest to wheek and jump on top of her igloo.  Well, Philena turned two years
old May 15th and she now has developed the habit of taking all of her timothy
hay out of her hay hopper and then either sitting on it or laying in it.  I
just don't understand why she would have started doing this?  It has been going
on for about a month now.  Cassandra went through a terrible two (two years
ago) with throwing out all of her food out of dish and then eating at her
leisure.  Her mother Butterscotch was always laid back and very calm.  So I just
thought that this was odd behavior and I just wanted to know what you all thought
about it.

Thanks for listening.  Take care,

Jan and co,
Butterscotch, Cassandra, Philena, Katrina, Julia and Jasmine