[Gpdd] re: (care) corn cob bedding

Gordysmom at aol.com Gordysmom at aol.com
Sat Mar 5 19:09:53 EST 2005

Regarding Selena's inquiry as to using corn cob bedding for her guinea pigs
and other little animals, I think it's "safe" to use.  When I first had guinea
pigs, I used it for a time, but then changed to Carefresh before eventually
going to towels.  My opinion about the corncob littler is that it tends to be a
bit "rough" on the guinea pigs' feet.  And, I recall reading in the past that
it could possibly somehow get into the gps' eyes and cause irritation.  But
then, so can the hay they eat!   I had to take one of my piggies to the vet
after she apparently got poked in the eye with her timothy hay and ended up with a
scratched cornea.  Good luck, Selena!   Let us know how the corncob bedding
works out for you!

Janie, BB and RP