[Gpdd] CARE--apple sticks

Moxie and Nexus moxieent at tiac.net
Tue Mar 8 18:07:31 EST 2005

I've been ordering from Sweet Meadow Farm in MA directly since the pet shop I did business with locally closed.  I have been very pleased with their fast service and products.  I ordered Smudge some apple sticks and he has been chewing on them.  He wasn't interested in chewing on any wood blocks.  I order online and then print it out and send a check.  They didn't even wait for the check to arrive on my last order; they sent it out the same day I ordered.  I buy timothy hay by the case.  It comes in 8 plastic bags.  I think you can also buy it in bulk, but I like the bags.
Their website is www.sweetmeadowfarm.com
Smudge went with us to York, PA this past weekend.  I always take the ferret and pig with me when I travel.  Both are excellent travelers.  Smudge stays in his Super Pet waffle house inside the cage the entire time we're in the vehicle.  I stuff it with hay.  Then I put a blanket over the cage.  I brought his veggies with me.  We only went for two days.  He also traveled to Maine last month.  I figure he is better off with me.
I also use newspaper to line his pen.  I only use black and white and have a neighbor save them for me.  I change the papers twice a day.  I stuff his house with hay and he has another thing filled with hay that he can pick from.  I keep him clean and don't mind changing the papers twice a day.  I use a dust pan and broom to sweep up the pen when I clean it.

Moxie. Nexus, and Smudge