[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: My Silly Gizzie

Sherri & Woody woodruff at peaknet.net
Fri Mar 18 20:43:23 EST 2005

Greetings from Illinois, I have been a long time reader, but very seldom write.  The recent discussions regarding "mounting" brought back memories of my piggie who became known as "Sir Humpalot".  It began with four piggies and a cat who have since crossed the bridge. Gizzie was the most beautiful red Abby, also the most vocal and animated little guy the clown of the house. Gizzie's cage mate crossed the bridge and he became very depressed, off to the animal shelter and I ended up adopting three brothers, Dizzie, Bugs and Skittles (I couldn't stand the thought of separating them).  Eventually everyone was put together to meet and greet.  Gizzie got so excited he began "introducing" himself by humping them.  They weren't too thrilled with this type of "introduction" and eventually earned Gizzie the name "Sir Humpalot".  Gizzie had to live alone with the three brothers right next to him so they could see each other.  In the Spring I put the piggies out in their pig pen and let them happily munch on clover while the cat and I sat and enjoyed the outdoors.  All went well until Gizzie realized he was in the same pen as his play mates.  Yes, he would begin his "introduction" and just kept going around and around until he had everyone fighting.  Gizzie was removed and forced to sit on the outside looking in.  Suddenly Gizzie spots the cat laying in the yard, his ears litterly perked up his eyes grew big and he flew across the yard.  I could tell what he was thinking, "OH MY! what do my wondering eye see but the biggest GP ever to be. Yes he began to "introduce" himself to Tiggers.  Needles to say Tiggers was extremely disgusted that this little pest had the nerve to bother him.  Tiggers relocated but to his dismay Gizzie was right on his tail, this went on a few more times and Tiggers finally gave Gizzie an extremely disgusted look, climbed up on the front porch, layed down and left Gizzie to figure out where his new friend went.  The one day I didn't take my camera outside with me!  Sorry for the long post but I hope I brought a little giggle from the digest.

Sherri, Frazzle, Cottonball and Teddy Bear