[Gpdd] [announcement] Lambo

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Sun Mar 20 10:27:17 EST 2005

Thank you to everyone who has written to me about Lambo.  I will answer all
of you personally when I can bring myself to do so.  Sorry for the delay.

We dropped Lambo off at the vet clinic on Saturday to be, what I term,
'tinned.'  I couldn't bring myself to hand him over, I had him wrapped in
one of his blankets, his sweet face as if he were sleeping, I kept stroking
his nose and then just kept crying and crying.  The employee finally had to
turn away from us.  I finally kissed the dear little face that I will no
longer daily see, managed one final, 'I love you, Lambo' and handed my
precious little baby to her.

My heart is so heavy over losing him.  It is still a shock and I still can't
believe it.  I keep thinking over and over that if I had some cyanide, I
would take it for I don't deserve to live.  I know these are thoughts while
in despair, but losing Lambo makes no sense to me.  The only 'sense' I could
come up with is that somehow I deserved this to happen to me, but Lambo most
certainly didn't deserve this happening to him.  He was so young and so full
of life, he still had a lot of life to live.

I guess I have no piggie comfort since he was our only piggie and so I am
again 'piggieless.'

Please pardon my ranting.  I know that I cry upon understanding shoulders.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to me.

Corrine