[Gpdd] misc. replies to several topics

Lydia Boland lydiagboland at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 18:57:59 EST 2005

Hi.  The styptic powders/pencils do burn and they can
cause burns to the corneas if any winds up in the eyes
(squirming animal).  I find that flour is better than
cornstarch.  I tried both recently when doing nail
trims and I grabbed for the corn starch first because
it was handier.  It didn't stop the bleeding quickly
like I knew the flour would so I switched to the flour
which worked much faster.  I think someone else here
posted that all purpose flour worked faster than whole
wheat flour.  That was going to be my next test but
now I won't bother =).

Lydia