[Gpdd] Re: Two more little ones cross the bridge, two more little ones will be missed

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Mon Mar 28 19:56:21 EST 2005

I would offer both Sherry and Donna, the mothers of GOLDEN and  GI JOE
respectively my most sincere regrets on hearing of their trip across the  bridge. It
is so sad to loose such wonderful friends and such loving little  guys. There
never seems to be enough time to say good bye. I guess it seems we  are never
finished saying "hello" and showing them how much we love them. As  Sherry
mentioned, it IS good to know that there are those of us that read  this
newsletter as well as many others that recognize guinea pigs for the  incredibly
loving gifts from heaven itself they truly are. I know that  I speak for all of us
that looking at ANY guinea pig will bring a smile not only  to your lips but
to your heart. Such was what GOLDEN and GI JOE gave their  mothers. Not
knowing much of the circumstances surrounding GOLDEN's  crossing but knowing of the
love GOLDEN was given, I know it was a  difficult trip to make. I'm sure
GOLDEN would have stayed with a mother who had  a special love that only GOLDEN
could know. GIJOE was a very special little guy.  In reading of his life and the
care he received, he was one lucky piggy indeed.  Donna, you did a wonderful
job of tending to his needs and trying to make him  feel better when he
obviously was not. You obviously did go that extra mile  in caring for his bumble
foot and his breathing infections. You mentioned the  Valentine and how he seemed
to be looking at it mesmerized but then rethought it  and felt maybe he had
just fallen asleep again. Well maybe I like to think our  little guys are wiser
than they are but I think he WAS looking at it and  wondering who those
ladies were. You see "guinea pigs are just little people in  fur coats, and
sometimes a hat" So once again I am sorry for your loss but know  that our little
boy, GEORGE was there to help them across the bridge and get  them settled until
you both can go and get them once more. By then GEORGE and I  will be there to
help.

Sincerely,

Joseph C. Petrillo, GEORGE the guinea pigs daddy  forever