[Gpdd] MISC: Responses to several posts

Shelly Atkinson satkinson at rkci.com
Mon May 2 10:35:18 EDT 2005

I have been busy at work and trying to read the digest as fast as I can
to make sure I don't get too behind. I want to send love to the owners
of Hot Shot and Oreo and wish the piggys a wonderful time over the
rainbow bridge.

I am hoping Sonic finds another cage mate soon and I am sorry Celia that
Goose had to pass and leave poor Sonic alone again. I am sure he is glad
to have you to comfort him.

With the play pen topic I bought 2 of those play pens you can buy at
Wal-Mart or Petsmart and I combined them to make a large play pen. It is
the multi color one and it is not real high so I just have to watch Reba
still so the dogs or cats won't bother her too much. I let my small dogs
jump in the play pen to play with Reba and she does not mind. She goes
over to them to grab their tags and pull them around. I put the play pen
outside a lot and let Reba eat grass and I don't have to worry about her
making mistakes. One thing that I have to be careful with is the poop
from my other pets and making sure Reba does not find any to eat
outside. That can make a guinea pig very sick eating poop from cats or
dogs. I set the play pen inside as well in the kitchen and put a towel
under it. Just throw it in the laundry basket if she pees. Tile floors
are great but a towel under them is nice.

I am sure Zippy is happy now that you wrote about her and I know what
you mean about piggys getting their feeling hurt, my Reba wants more
people to know about her so she's been wheeeking and whining for a few
days since I have not posted recently. I sure hope Zippy is doing ok and
it is nothing major wrong with her.

Shelly Atkinson
http://www.shellys-pals.blinkz.com/