[Gpdd] [HEALTH] shedding and sounds?

Robert and Patricia Oglesby rpngso at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 10 12:39:07 EDT 2005

Hi Piggie Folk!

Our male piggie Harry sheds GOBS!  He has lots of fur and doesn't seem to be getting any bald spots or thinning, he just sheds.  Is this normal?  He is long haired, some hairs longer than others, no particular breed that I (as a novice) can discern.  He does still have that funny spot that I mentioned before (it's changing, hopefully for the better, but isn't gone yet).

Next question:  The guinea pig purr or rumble sound - what does it mean?  I always thought it was a happy, contented sound, but have recently read some information to the contrary.  I can't really tell from my own piggies - could go either way.  Is this a point of controversy?  Maybe there's no real way to know for sure?  What do you all think?

Thanks!

Patricia
Harry, Velvet and Midnight