[Gpdd] MISC.- husbands

ROYCE LARSON cotton_cowboys at msn.com
Mon May 16 11:01:24 EDT 2005

     Do husbands have a script that they all read from? Most of the husband comments I read on the digest sound like they are coming out of my own sweet husband's mouth. I have heard the, "What do gps in the wild do?" response to everything from house temp to grass, too, and several other things I can't remember now. We all know that guinea pigs in the wild are poor deprived little pals who would envy our own pampered princes and princesses. My response is that guinea pigs in the wild spent all their time envying their domestic cousins!
     I will give my husband credit for one thing, though. No matter how deep into slavery I sink, he lets me do my thing. For that I'm very grateful!!
     The grass washing is getting easier because I'm in the routine now. Cutting or picking it right into the salad spinner's inner bowl saves muss and fuss. I serve the grass slightly damp, too. Even with the salad spinner it isn't completely bone dry, of course. The spinner just makes it nice and damp and fresh but not dripping down into the bedding. Try the idea. I can guarantee you'll like the results.

     I read on Peter Guerney's website about grass and he's a big proponent of serving it. He says that even when the piggy has diarrhea and greens should be cut out, he leaves grass in the diet. I am wondering if a menu of grass on demand as Bud has now helps any other problems such as bladder sludge, respiratory problems, dry skin, etc. I doubt that much research has been done on the vitamins and minerals available in grass. If anyone knows anything, I'd like to hear about it.

Carla and Bud