[Gpdd] [CARE] New to Guinea Pigs

Abce1997 at aol.com Abce1997 at aol.com
Tue May 24 11:55:03 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone,
I have been reading your posts for some time now and have learned lots of
useful information.  My daughter begged for piggies until I finally gave in and
we purchased 2 cuties from a local pet store.  For my daughter it was love at
first sight, for me the little cuties won me over after about 2 days!
Unfortunately we were told we had 2 girls and now we have a pregnant female (Cassie)
and a proud pappa to be (Austin, formerly known as Abby).  My question is
about Cassies diet.  Is there anything special we should be feeding her to help
support her pregnancy?  My vet, who owns 2 piggies of her own, advised us not to
feed too many veggies because it would cause excessive weight gain.  She said
to stick to hay and pellets.  You all seem to be so knowledgable and we want
the best for our sweeties and information you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cathy, Ally , Cassie and Austin.