[Gpdd] Re: [CARE] New to Guinea Pigs

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 18:03:45 EDT 2005

Welcome Cathy and Ally and the pigs, Austin and Cassie!

As you know by now, pet stores do not know anything about pigs, much less trying to distinguish between the sexes.

You may still give plenty of veggies and fruits.  When my pig was pregnant I made sure she had extra helping of Kale and parlsey, as they are rich in calcium and vitamin C which a growing mother and babies need to develop.  I believe pellets are the food that makes them gain weight more than anything else.  Just continue to feed her the veggies and fruits, lots of hay and her pellets and of course fresh water.

I hope all goes well with the pregnancy and birth.

Lisa and the Guinea Girls, the lone boar, Flint and my foster, Hazelnut that needs a forever home.

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"