[Gpdd] [MISC] social creatures

Roberta Kjesrud windpixie47 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 12:18:22 EST 2005

Katharine,

I think it depends on the pig.  My first pig, Cocoa,
was so bonded to me that she didn't seem to need
company.  My second pig, Izzie, was depressed on her
own, so I got her a pet pig, Pixie.  When Izzie passed
six months ago, I wondered if Pixie needed a new
little friend, but I was hesitant to introduce her to
a baby so late in life.  Pixie seemed depressed for
about three weeks, but then she was fine.  Pixie was
pretty opinionated and dominant, so while Izzie seemed
to need Pixie (a terrible pest!), Pixie didn't seem to
need Izzie.

If you observe your surviving pig for a while, you
should be able to tell whether a companion is
necessary.

Roberta
Slave to Pixie, Izzie, Cocoa - all crossed over