[Gpdd] Health: Brownie Bear has 4 Bladder Stones... :-(

bwk keiper at hiwaay.net
Sat Nov 12 01:10:34 EST 2005

I'm  so sorry to hear about Brownie Bear, it sounds like you and me and
Brownie Bear and Precious are all stuck in the same sorry boat. It is
hard to know what to do. These stones!!! They are so frustrating.
Bartender, a round of Metacam for everyone, make those doubles, please.

My hopes are not good for them finding something to prevent them in gps,
because they STILL can't prevent them in humans. My uncle has suffered
terribly with them for years and years and years with no relief in
sight.

Maybe I can convince a vet school student to write a thesis or
dissertation on this problem...

The only funny thing that has ever happened regarding this was when they
did surgery on Precious to remove a big stone and some small ones, and
showed me the big stone they took out. I saw the big thing, and
*jokingly* said, "wow, that stone cost more that most of my jewelry, I
need to have it set in a ring."  And the student dude was like, "um,
well, uh, no ma'am, we need to send it off for testing."  And I was
like, "Duh...." I mean, who puts a bladder stone in a ring? I was
kidding... it was an expensive stone, though, about $600...

It sounds like you are giving her the best care possible... she's a
lucky girl. You might want to try some corn silks like I was talking
about on my page and in my email... I don't think it could hurt
anything.

Bethany
--
bwk  *  http://home.hiwaay.net/~keiper  *  http://www.arkinc.org/