[Gpdd] CARE: corn silks

bwk keiper at hiwaay.net
Mon Nov 14 12:56:43 EST 2005

Hi Jaime, I had mentioned the corn silks. They are a 'home remedy' for
bladder problems in humans, and I had read previously that they can help
bladder problems in most creatures. My Mom's aunt used to make a tea out
of them to drink for bladder/urinary problems.

Someone posted a long while back on the list that they were gathering
some discarded corn silks and corn shucks as a treat for their gps at a
produce mart, and a man there said that something in the silks 'zaps
kidney stones like a laser ray.'

This is not scientific, to be sure, but it is one of those things where
you figure it can't really hurt to try. I get some ears of corn at the
grocery and take off the green parts, then just cut off all of the icky
brown ends and wash the pale yellow silks and see if your gp likes them.
Mine love them, and it is very cute because they look like they are
eating angel hair pasta.

--
bwk  *  http://home.hiwaay.net/~keiper  *  http://www.arkinc.org/