[Gpdd] (Care) Re: Albert

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 14:12:48 EST 2005

Jaime,
  The orange-y colored urine is normal after bladder surgery. I just recently found this out myself with Teddy. I wrote Judi (of MGPR fame) a semi-frantic e-mail about the color of Teddy's urine and Judi responded that it was just the bladder shedding cells and that her urine would probably be that color off and on from now on. If it actually looks red or bloody, then it's time to worry.

  As for chewing on the sutures, I'm not too sure. I was convinced that Teddy was going to chew on hers (cuz she's so ornery), but she never did. Maybe you could try cutting the foot out of a new tube sock and carefully slipping it on him? I don't think you are supposed to put ointment or anything like that on sutures. I believe there is some kind of bitter-tasting stuff that  you can use, but you'd have to ask your vet about it. I know they put it in some products for cats and dogs to keep them from chewing on sore or "hot" spots.

  Hope this helps,
  Stacy and the Squee Squad