[Gpdd] CARE: Petland in IL

rmalsberg at comcast.net rmalsberg at comcast.net
Thu Nov 24 12:55:15 EST 2005

While out on a little shopping trip yesterday, I stuck my head in at the Petland on Rand Road in Arlington Heights, IL.  Back in the day, when I was a clueless person with my first piglet, Taffy, I stopped in there and witnessed what I now understand to be grossly inadequate piggy care.  I thought I would see how they measure up today.

Happy to say, they have improved considerably.  Piggies are kept in one of those subdivided, square plexiglas floor standing things.  There are ferrets on the other side of the glass, but piggz seem unconcerned.  They are on carefresh, have piggy food, water, and rollanest or tube or such not.  Males and females are separated.  When asked, the manager assured me that they get fresh veggies once/day.

PS There was a VERY cute silver agouti with a white blaze, but, unfortunately, he was a boy, and I only keep grrlz.

--
Wheeks,

Rayna, Tosca and Carmen
Taffy and Sundae in mem