[Gpdd] [Rainbow Bridge] Blondie's babies

sherry bevins ssbjune9 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 26 17:14:37 EST 2005

Dear Birdie,

We were so sorry to read of Blondie's babies having been stillborn. We
deeply sympathize and can fully relate to the sadness you are feeling at
this moment because we have been through a similar experience. On October
28, 2002, our Pepper gave birth to 5 babies...all stillborn except for our
beautiful Lucky ( which is how he got his name, being the only survivor of a
very difficult birth). Poor Pepper carried those babies much longer than she
should have and they were quite large, all except one. I woke up at 4am. one
morning and checked in on her because I thought she must surely have them at
any time...she was huge and had been huge for weeks! To my horror, there she
was with babies, still in their sacks, scattered about the cage and under
her. There were 2 golden-haired, 1 red-haired, one black and tan and white,
and one chocolate, gold, and white (Lucky). She was cleaning Lucky, who was
still wet. Poor little guy had this odd look about him...his eyes just
didn't look quite right. I thought there must be something wrong with him. I
was heartbroken. Pepper wasn't doing too well either...it took her all day
to pass the 5 afterbirths. When she would try to walk, her whole body would
quiver...she was so weak. I felt as you do that there would be no more
births amongst our piggie pals. Fortunately, Pepper recovered and Lucky is
strong and healthy. I can still remember that morning as though it were
yesterday, so it's not a thing that you get over quickly. And this was not
Pepper's first litter. She was about 6 months old when she had Cocoa, Flick,
C.J., and Fluffy. We were fortunate to be able to witness their births, as
they came at about one o'clock in the afternoon on Sept. 17, 2001. It had
all seemed so easy for her then. I don't know what went wrong with the
second litter, but it was traumatic for her and me! I must have cried for
days afterward, so believe me when I say I know how you feel. We hope that
Blondie will recover quickly. I have given our piggies extra hugs and kisses
in honor of Blondie and her babies. Please accept our heartfelt condolences.

Sadly,
Sherry and the piggie pals