[Gpdd] Health: Butterscotch hurt his lil' Paw...

Mcneil, Leah CIV N81-BRANCH leah.mcneil at navy.mil
Tue Nov 29 12:08:55 EST 2005

Hello Slaves!
My oh my, I've been busy this past wheekend.
I went to my hometown (Va. Beach area) for
Thanksgiving and had a jolly good time. But,
before I left I noticed that Butterscotch wasn't
his normal, spunky self. And after watching him
for a while, I realized that he had somehow hurt
his little right paw. I'm not sure how he did it. I
mean, I know he didn't fall or anything like that
because I keep their cage on the floor (away
from all drafts, of course) and they can run in
and out of it as they please. So, they are always
grounded. Hmmmmmmm... Maybe he snagged
a nail in the rug and pulled and hurt himself (???).
I don't know. He's such a Rambunctious, little
guy, ya know.

So, I've been giving him Extra T.L.C. since we
got back late Thurs. night. And Brownie Bear
has been extra Sweet to him (which is totally
not like her--ha ha!). She was staying with him
all night and making sure he was okay. They
don't cuddle together, but it's weird cuz they
will lay like right beside each other, but not touching.
B-Bear likes her personal space, I suppose.

Well, this morning, he was running around again.
I can tell that his paw is much better. I was going
to take him to their local Vet this wheeek if he was
still hobbling around. But, I hate to goto our local
Vets because they are just not that experienced
with the exotics, ya know. Sometimes, I feel like
I know more than they do (Yikes!).

So, my little boy is Fine now. Tonight, I'm gonna
squeeze him extra tight (but not too tight) and
give him some Extra Veggie Treats. But, don't
tell that Greedy Brownie Bear...or else, you know
what will happen...OUCH!

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
           Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear &
                      Butterscotch :-)