[Gpdd] [Pigsitting] Care for piggies during vacation

JG jessterwm at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 15:28:11 EDT 2005

Greetings Digesters,

I've been a reader for months now, I've only posted
once before.  But I greatly enjoy reading the stories,
and I say a little prayer for each piggie who passes.
My pigs seem to enjoy it when I tell them the stories
I read on here.

Speaking of my piggies, I have 6, four girls and two
boys.  They boys are not neutered, so they live in a
cage separate from the girls.

I live in Austin, Texas...I think I noticed a couple
weeks ago during the hurricanines that there was
someone else who posted from Austin.

I will be traveling during the holidays (Christmas
specifically) to be with family.  And the person I had
to take care of my babies last year won't likely be
available this year.  I was wondering if there was
anyone in the area that could recommend a petsitting
service, or who would be willing to trading services.
I am more than willing to trade.  I've had a lot of
experience with many types of animals.

I have a bird, a dog, and 4 turtles as well as the
guinea pigs.  And I've taken care of a friends ferrets
on many occasions.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, or
help me out themselves that would be great!  It's
getting closer to the time, and I'm worried about
finding care for my babies.

Thank you!

Jessica and the piggies; Guinivere, Madeline, Coco,
Rosie, Elvis and Harley.