[Gpdd] announcement: in regards to Marie Claire Magazine

Reed, Katherine Katherine.Reed at mesa-air.com
Fri Oct 21 18:06:23 EDT 2005

I was also appauled that they would print a picture of a roasting pig in
their magazine.  I shared that information w/ the group
'Guinea_Pigs at yahoogroups.com'.  Not one person in that guinea pig group
was offended in the least bit by the picture!!!  This is a guinea pig
group and NOBODY agreed w/ my view.  Here are some exerpts from what
they said.  Once again...I am as shocked at all of their reactions as I
was about the picture in the magazine.

When i read emails and posts like this on Forums it kind of bugs me. We
eat
cows, and pigs, and chickens and other animals. Just like some countries
in
South America eat Guinea Pigs. If it was a baby that was roasted in the
picture it would be a completely different story -Brandon

I don't think it's fair to say that anybody loves cavies any
less for NOT being offended. - Kenny

Would I eat guinea pig?  Yeah, I'd try it.- Jill

These are just a few bits from the emails I got.  All I can say is WOW,
these people are nuts