[Gpdd] Misc: Replies and Pig Fans

Susi Eastin susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 24 21:30:05 EDT 2005

Marsha & Joy - love those names!  Such smart and beautiful pigs,too!

Sandy- You make a very good point.  By sharing our experiences, good and
bad, we can all learn from each other. What can be better than that?
One thing that Lisa had mentioned that struck home with me - she said
she didn't even get a picture of Flint. I have always felt the same way
about Lil' Whistle. Tho' I do have pictures of him, not any really good ones
like I have of some of the others. But his face is forever in my memory, and
maybe someday I'll paint a pigture of him.

Lisa -  Of course the hay is a crucial part of the diet, and perhaps some
more finely chopped pieces will help while Sonny's teeth grow out. There
could also be something else going on, good that you're taking him to the vet.
We'll be keeping the little guy (and you) in our piggie prayers.

Steph- Love the quote from Churchill!  Even without the 'guinea' added, I
refer to my guys as 'pigs' (among other things).  I guess that makes me
a pig farmer!

Also - just wondered if there are any other piggie sports fans out there
who are watching the World Series?  Being a big fan of Chicago, I've
watched the first two games. Most of you know the tv is on the floor
in the room with the pigs, where they watch PBS all day, and a variety
of shows in the evening. This past summer they really got into watching
professional rodeo, practicing the fine art of bucking between each bull
and bronc ride, racing around wildly between calf ropers.  But they are
really getting into watching the game. It didn't occur to me that they
might actually be taking sides until the Sox batter hit a grand slam.
The boys went nuts!  As the runners rounded the bases and the fans
went wild in the stands, the little red boys and their dad, Mac da Roanie,
Potsy and his boy Spanky, and to a lesser extent the others, went wild!
They raced round and round, bumping into each other but never slowing
down. Then it dawned on me. Mac da Roanie and Potsy, like me, are
from Illinois, so no wonder they are rooting for the Sox!
So I suppose I'll have to get the guys team shirts . . . they can hang
them up with their Carrotheads shirts! Has anyone seen a White Sox
Pig Shop website?

Let us know if any other pigs are really into the Series! (and no offense
to our many friends in Houston and the rest of Texas!).

Susi and the Okie Piggies

Susi and the Okie Piggies
okie-piggies.blinkz.com