[Gpdd] Health: anyone use a chin sling?

Denise F. WDF at att.net
Wed Oct 26 08:10:06 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I've just recently signed on after someone mentioned this list. We have 2
female piggies, one cinnamon Abby named Peanut & a tri-color smooth coat
called Bay-Bay. Both 3 y.o. Anyway, Bay-Bay has been syringe fed since 9/28
& her teeth problems don't seem to be improving. She goes back to the vet
Friday. She had spurs in the back, & her front teeth met diagonally, so her
teeth were rimmed. She usually refuses any kind of food I give her, chopped
up of otherwise, but I can sometimes get her to take a few tiny pieces of
clover or dandelion. She looks for the food, just can't seem to chew OK. So
far she's maintaining her weight.

Anyway, I've searched the web & came upon GuineaLynx's article on the chin
sling-it sounds like it's at least worth a try. My vet, who specializes in
exotics, hasn't heard of it but looked at the info & is willing to try. Have
any of you used this? What's your opinion, in general, on this idea? Do you
have any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Denise F.