[Gpdd] Pet sitting and best wishes for Murray

Ruth Q. Leibowitz RLeibowitz at verdict.uthscsa.edu
Thu Sep 1 12:28:07 EDT 2005

Hi --

Sounds like fees for professional pet-sitting vary from place to place.  I
live in San Antonio, TX and pay $12/day for my sitter to visit my apartment
every day -- I have a few pets.  She actually spends time with them, doesn't
just feed them (e.g. plays with cats, cleans out areas of piggy bedding that
are damp), also waters my plants, etc. She has pet-sat for me over two years
or so, and I trust her.  When I travel I know I don't have to worry, and
this in itself is worth a lot to me.  I've never been away for more than a
week, though, and if I knew I were going to be away for a month I might ask
for some kind of discount.

My best wishes go out to Murray, who is clearly very well loved.

Ruth