[Gpdd] [Care] Neuter

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 23:06:18 EDT 2005

Hi ya slaves and piggies.  I took my lone boar, Flint to his presurgery neuter appt today.  He is all cleared for surgery.  His neuter date is Wednesday, Sept. 7.  I have to drop him off at 8:15 am.

I think I must have been driving the vet crazy.  I asked him a bunch of questions, asked him about the protocol he uses for neutering, made him go through the whole procedure with me.  I specifically asked him to give him a pain medication prior to him waking up, not a narcotic though.  He said he will do that.  He will also give him an antibiotic shot, send him home with antibiotics for 7 days and pain meds just in case I need them.  He was really nice.  The vet told me I was very well informed and the most knowledgable guinea pig owner he has ever met.  That made me feel really good.

Please keep my Flintster in your thoughts and prayers for Wednesday, Sept. 7.  I am worried about him, but I know the dr will do a good job.  I hope all goes well for him.

Thanks.
Wheeks,
Lisa and the Guinea Girls and the lone boar, Flint (not for long)

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"