[Gpdd] [Health] Piggie Nail Problem ?

Jenna T. tenetylo at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:31:39 EDT 2005

Ok - need a little help / other members experience with piggie nail
problems.   My Fuzzy seems to have really thick nails - and his one front
toe nail seems to be becoming mal formed???  it doesn't hurt him and he is
walking fine - but (and I can't exactly figure it out) it looks abnormal?!?!
   it's VERY thick and looks almost stubby compared to his other front toe
nails (usually thinner - normal length..)  I noticed this obviously when I
was trimming... and scraped away some of the "excess" nail with my finger
nail - it was  quite brittle on the edges and could easily be scraped away -
but it still doesn't look "normal".  He has white nails so I know it's not
him stepping in piggie poo...  He doesn't seem to mind much when i touch it
other than the ocassional wriggle (he hates getting his nails done)... but
if anyone recongnizes this or has run into this situation before provide me
some advise/info??? I just want to know if this is serious enough for a vet
visit - or if it will grow out and become normal again?!?!?!?!?   Again -
he's eating fine... running around - and isn't in pain as far as I can see..

Any info would be appreciated. :)

Weeeeeeks!
Jenna, Louie and the Fuzz