[Gpdd] announcement- the herd in oxford

joy smith gpdiva at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 10 05:21:14 EDT 2005

Hi all
Firstly from the London Championship Show at Reading in the Royal county of
Berkshire I can announce that the Prince, Lenny, Gizmo and Badger who took
part in it came nowhere.
the judge liked them but not enough this year.

Just before the show we had another break out this time lead by HRH the
young Prince Biscuit himself ( he is just a jet setting Prince with a wild
side such as you see in the Human royals!) and involving the loyal Neo and
Sam, who has now escaped twice - once it was my fault as I left his door
open when I had to chase after the dog who had just escaped! There seems to
be a pattern emerging I think.
all safe now.

and on the subject of escapees, locally to us in Oxford some thoughtless
heartless human beast has left a big box of guinea pigs on the roadside and
some of the piggies are now running wild, some may be pregnant and there
have been sitings of babies in the hedgerow brambles that were out of reach,
volunteers have rounded up about 20 piggies so far. My immediate reaction is
to go look for some of the poor little things but then they may be alright
but there are a lot of predators out there...

you may know that in Oxford a family business breeding guinea pigs  for
research has just had to close due to pressure from animal rights activists
so may be there is a link there.

thinking of all the people in New Orleans,
regards and piggie huggs to all

Joy and Sarah Smith
Oxford, UK- slaves to: Prince Biscuit of Nani, Lenny the Lion Pig, Head
Nurse and Super Pet, Neo and Sam, Horace, Gizmo and Badger and India-
remembering Angelina; Barney, Lenny's father and the beautiful Sprite, at
the Rainbow Bridge, waiting.