[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Smart Piggies

mtjaffe at verizon.net mtjaffe at verizon.net
Thu Sep 29 12:54:42 EDT 2005

I'm glad someone started this topic because I beleive piggies are a lot smarter than people give them credit for. I've noticed a common thread in many of the posts -- piggies hold grudges and know how to make slaves feel guilty!  That requires a fair bit of intelligence!

My boar, Lucky, knows his name and will come when called; he knows "no" and will usually listen; he knows "brush-brush" and will start purring and come over to get brushed and he knows references to his pellets, his water and his hay. He also knows how to get my attention.  Our main residence is a multi-floored town home and he "owns" the bottom floor.  When he wants my attention if I'm on an upper floor he goes to the bottom step and wheeks as loud as he can -- it can be heard throughout the house! At our weekend summer get-away which is all one floor and carpeted throughout (he loves it!) he goes right to the refigerator and wheeks.  If I don't pay attention to him (perhaps I'm washing dishes at the sink), he comes and stands on my feet!
Slave to Lucky