[Gpdd] Misc - Update on the Prolific Pigs

Jo Ann Henry jojoscats at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 09:27:11 EDT 2006

Hi again,

In case you don't remember, I'm the crazy vet tech who
couldn't tell a male from a female...

I just wanted to let you know that The Spring of the
Many Guinea Pigs has drawn to a happy close... My
female, who was accidentally bred back-to-back,
successfully delivered her second litter four wheeks
ago. Mom and Dad (neutered) are now back together and
happy just to be young pigs in love. The vet and I
decided on inducing her labor, since she was straining
for three days and we wanted to know if we had to do a
c-section before the weekend arrived. (On a side note,
I have nothing but respect for guinea pig moms. They
work very hard!)

>From the first litter of four, my boyfriend and I
could not bear to part with three of them. (Especially
since the fourth pig, beloved Minky, was adopted out
and died "suddenly" a few days later. I (of course) am
still extremely upset.)

>From the second litter of four (all boys!), we adopted
two to one former piggie slave (who insisted on
adopting two! I love you Carmen!) and the other two to
a supervisor here at work who is a gentle giant. I
told them both ANY problems, I will take the piggies
back NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Thank you all for the kind words and advice. You were
all very sweet to a person who should have known
better.

Also, while wrapped up in our own little struggle, I
neglected to offer condolences to all that lost their
loved ones recently. You were all in my thoughts
during your difficult time, and I sent my love as well
to guide your piggies over the bridge.

Thanks again, snuggles and headbutts,
Jo Ann (and John!) in New York City with the herd:
Sweet Pea, Eggplant, Snickers, Raisenette, and Wheek.
(I named Wheeky, ain't I original??)