[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc - Bad Cavy Show

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 14:18:53 EST 2006

Lisa-
  I am shocked and saddened to hear of your bad experience at the cavy show!
  I can only say that the ones I have been to, in the mid-section of the country,
  are nothing like that!  Perhaps it is more due to the area the vendors are from,
  etc. Of course, there will be individuals anywhere who are rotten, but it certainly
  sounds like you found a batch of them.
  Rudeness from vendors is just poor marketing on their part. Rudeness and
  being insensitive on the part of an exhibitor is poor judgement - it reflects
  very poorly on the rest of us, who are working so hard to promote cavies.
  But dirty animals?  That is inexcuseable!  You really should send an email
  off to ACBA and ARBA to report this, and let them know that this was your
  first experience with a cavy show, and that it left a bad taste in your mouth.
  I can assure you that the individuals who run both organizations are good
  and caring people who love the animals.
  I am so sorry, and I will definitely report this myself.  Please try another
  show sometime - I am sure you will have a better experience.
  Susi and the Okie Piggies