[Gpdd] Silly: Olympic Piggie

Shauna Osteen shauna1313 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 13:18:51 EST 2006

I have a Olympic piggie story. My piggie Momo that has since crossed over to
the bridge jumped over an 8 inch high gate to get to his brother. It was the
cutest thing I have ever seen. He had to be separated from Quentin so we
could see how much he was eating and drinking when he became sick. He really
loved his brother and was always right next to him when ever possible, much
to Quentin's disapproval! Being separated from Quentin was no fun for Momo.
One day he decided he had enough and we saw him sniffing the gate like he
was getting an idea of how high it was. Then next thing we knew he took a
giant leap and was over the gate. He was very frail at this point, so it was
amazing that he could gather up that much energy to jump that high. We
didn't have the heart to keep the gate up after that. We had a feeling he
was nearing the end so we let him say with is brother until that last trip
to the vets.

Oh yeah, you know your a guinea pig slave when the piggie veggies take over
your refrigerator and they have a whole cupboard in your tiny apartment
kitchen just for their dishes! They also have taken over a corner of our
very small office and our coat closet. It is amazing how much power these
little animals have over us slaves!!

~Shauna, Proud Piggie Parent of Quentin & Miss Zeussy, as well as Momo
waiting at the bridge